Friday, June 29, 2012

Playing Guitar is NOT That Easy


Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything (Plato)
Music can change the world because it can change people (Bono, U2)
I got my first guitar (Yamaha C-310) when i was in 6th grade. I begged my dad to buy me a guitar. I promised him to learn guitar, but it was just a promise. No one taught me to play it and i tried to learn it from a book. I knew some chords from that book but it was too hard, i didn't know how to strum it, i didn't even know anything about music. So i gave up and my guitar was just one of useless properties in my room, i didn't touch it for a very long time.

Until a couple weeks ago, i had a tragedy and i really want to write a song about how i feel but i was stuck. I didn't even know anything about music and i couldn't play any musical instrument. So i only listened to Christina Perri's song and Taylor Swift's "Dear John" (it was really fit to my condition and felt a bit better after listening to this song). But listening to other people's song is not enough, i wanna write down my own story. I feel motivated by those two awesome songwriter + singer.

I opened up Youtube and "tadaaaaa" i can play guitar! Well i only play some simple song for beginner, such as Teardrops on My Guitar, The Best Day, You Belong With Me (Taylor Swift) and Pumped Up Kicks (Foster The People). I haven't tried with Christina Perri's song because her songs are pretty difficult, the strumming and she use more than 4 chords in a song.

I'm still learning and i'm not fluent playing it but i try my best (at least i'm not that blind at music). Now the problem is i have a nylon string guitar, it needs to tune routinely and i can't tune it. But thanks God a couple days ago my sister's friend came to my house and borrowed my guitar then he tune it. hoho.

Wanna see my first video cover? It's Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People. It's not really good but enough for a stupid beginner like me -__-.

3 comments:

  1. I saw your video today! I love it! but anyway you pronounced 'bullet' wrong hun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow pfftt.. It was freakin hard to do all the things in the same time, the strumming, the chord, the lyrics, and I was like what the hell lah pronounce nya HAHAHAH

      Delete
  2. LOL it's okay. You've done well. But you should've put some make up on, Ran. I mean, you posted it on youtube! but the rest is gorgeous anywayy :3

    ReplyDelete