Friday, November 21, 2014

The Iron Throne

I usually shared my favorite things in this blog but I forgot to mention Game of Thrones (GoT)! So now let's talk about GoT. It's a really long story to tell but people sum it up in a few words. Not my words tho, that's what people say but I think they describe it really good. 

 

I didn't know that this show was so damn great (not in particular scene). I watched this series long before I like it (weird?). It happened when I unintentionally downloaded the first episode and fell asleep in the first 5 minutes so I assumed that the show was so boring, but naaah it wasn't because the show. It was just because I was too sleepy but forcing my eyes to open. 

It started again when me and Mano argued about GoT, I said it was a boring series that showing snow all over (in the first scene), he insisted that no it wasn't boring at all and in fact it was the best series of all time. He was the kind of person who was too picky to watch a show but he liked this one, so I gave it a sober try.


My first impression with the first scene was "still a boring scene" in the first 3 minutes but it was getting pretty intense with the appearance of the wight. The clothes, the accent, the swords, the fat king, the Others, the magic, the children of the forest and the dragons are like Lord of The Rings featuring Skyrim. Well the other stuff, you tell me.

The series is based on a book series A Song Of Ice And Fire. I've been reading the book after I watched the fourth season of GoT. Now I'm reading the third book and not finished it yet for three months, geez. The book is even better (ofcourse)! So many details in every plot, and show us every character's thoughts through different point of view.

Speaking of characters, the writer (George RR Martin) really fond of killing the good men and you can't have a favorite character because he will tear you apart and crush you down! I was literally crying for Jory Cassel, Eddard Stark, the Red Wedding, and the tragic death of my Red Viper (Oberyn Martell). Bet everyone shocked in the Red Wedding and Oberyn scenes, but hell yeah we all got revenge in Purple Wedding. The viewers was cheering up on the death of 19 year old boy king, Joffrey Lannister's Bastard Baratheon. Everybody died for the Iron Throne and some people enjoying the game.

The most interesting thing in this series is the characters. All of them are grey, no one is black and no one is white. For example, Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer. You may say he is the villain in the first season, but then something changed in the following season and you start to pity on him. It's full of surprises and twisted plot like Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish who was the man behind Jon Arryn's death that leads to Robert 'King' Baratheon death, Ned Stark decapitation, and then Stark's rebellion, making the Joffery bastard the King, Stannis' participation to claim the Iron Throne, the murderer of Renly baratheon who was killed by his own brother Stannis, Greyjoy's second rebellion, the runaway of Bran and Rickon Stark, and aaaaall of the mess in the Seven Kingdom.


There are some different story in the North of the Wall and across the Narrow Sea. In the North you'll see so much snow, ice, the black brothers, wildlings, giants, magic, the Others (White Walkers), children of the forest, and Hodor! Across the Narrow Sea is Daenerys Targaryen's scenes, you'll see dragons, Ser "King of Friend Zone", desert, slaves, and Dothraki people.

If you haven't seen this series, please please watch it. I bet you can't just stop watching it after you see the first episode. You won't regret it!




No comments:

Post a Comment